Ok, we are here are the end of another year. It’s been a great year for me and I hope it has been a great year for you too. 2008 almost upon us and who would I be if I didn’t jump on the band wagon and put in my two cents for predictions for 2008.
Here are my predictions of 2008.
1. Google will modify and merge their various services into a more cohesive blend. Many of us are now using Google for many things from email, rss, groups, maps and a wide variety of other things. I believe they are going to make their services TALK to one another in a more logical way.
2. Facebook will finally be bought or attempt to go public. Facebook is the 900lb gorilla right now in the social network scene. Their evaluation has been in the range for $10-$15 billion dollars. I don’t really believe a company is going to come in and pay that amount for them, but I do feel that odds are more likely they will try to go public. This makes much more sense, but they will have to provide more of a revenue model to make it work. Could be exciting.
3. Internet video will become more interactive. Video right now is more of a one way communication. I predict a technology will come out providing more interactivity with video. Adobe already has demonstrated they have this ability in flash to purchase products and make parts of a video clickable last August. No one has yet implemented this into main stream video.
4. Information will go micro. Meaning people will be more willing to pay for instant answers. I see a surge of people selling quick down and dirty information products 2-15 pages in length. We’ve seen this trend with the $7 reports this past year. How to videos being sold 10-15 minutes in length.
5. Membership sites will dominate 2008. In the Internet Marketing world, we’ll see a rise of membership sites and a FALL of membership sites. I’m referring to the that people will demand higher quality content for their monthly payments. They’ll also value it more.
6. More blogging stars will be created in 2008. The rise of blogging gives anyone the ability to become a celebrity in their niche market. This coming year we will see a rise in new faces and new ideas in the blogging world, not with just ok content, but with outstanding content. Will you be one of them?
7. A sudden rise in iPhone apps and iPhone Millionaires. Due to the popularity of the iPhone I predict we will see a huge number if iPhone apps and even an iPhone social network come into play. Give it six months and you will start hearing of iPhone millionaires due to the popularity of their apps.
There you have it my 7 predictions of 2008.